MathPOWER's Mission is to Transform
the lives of urban youth by developing proficiency in mathematics and personal resiliency.
Click the image to learn more about the 2014 Algebra Plus Summer Academy
MathPOWER Is Making A Difference!
Math is Unforgivingly Cumulative…
…And it’s Easy to Fall Behind
We Have a Plan…
…To Bring out Potential…
…And Allow our Urban Students to Thrive
We offer a number of trainings designed to help youth workers from varied programmatic settings increase their impact, by giving them the tools they need to teach math well. Click to learn more and to register for a Math Games workshop.
Through teaching workshops and in-class coaching we help develop Boston Public School's teachers by deepening their skill set and readying them for the nuances of teaching mathematics.
Our afterschool programs at Dearborn Middle School, the Yawkey Boys and Girls Club of Roxbury, and the Boys and Girls Club of South Boston provide students with a community and tutor-mentors that foster their math talent and personal resiliency.
Over 200 Students come together each summer to experience our 5-week Algebra Plus Summer Academy. This rapidly growing program has expanded by over 150% since 2007.
Puzzle of the Week
I am thinking of one of these five cards:
Which one am I thinking of? Here are some clues:
- The value of my card is a prime number.
- The values of adjacent cards add up to a multiple of 3.
- My card is next to a card which is next to the 2 of hearts.
Click here for the answer »
Here is how to follow the clues:
- The value of my card is a prime number, so it could have been 7 of clubs, 7 of diamonds, or 2 of hearts.
- The values of my two neighbours add up to a multiple of 3, so it could have been 7 of diamonds or 2 of hearts.
- My card is next to a card which is next to the 2 of hearts, so it could only be the 2 of hearts.
Puzzle credit: Mathsisfun.com
Would you like to register for Math Games?
Are you looking to engage students in learning and fun through a variety of
skill-based math games?
At any one of our Math Games workshops, you will learn how to play the games,
when to use them, and for which particular students.
We offer grade band workshops: Early education/child care,
Elementary K-5, Middle School 6-8.
Click Here to Register Today!